Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week Ten Catch-up

Week 10


Biver Farm Basil Bouquet
Lee Farm Gold Zucchini or cukes
Biver Farm Cabbage
Yellow Dog Cherry Tomatoes
Eilerman Raspberries
Mangia Whole Wheat Radiattore
Hilty Honey
Companion Organic WW Chive Ciabattini
Ground lamb

Roy and I did a trade this week. Two of the items in our share were things we didn't want - ground pork and coffee. We got two frozen packages of ground lamb their place.

Raspberries - Roy thought the raspberries were past their peak - not nearly as good as some of the other berries we've gotten recently


Honey


Cherry Tomatoes


I loved having the fresh basil on hand. I even bought pine nuts at the market and made pesto sauce. We used it on bread, with pasta, and as a hamburger topping. I froze some so we'd be able to use it up after our next trip.




This was another success. I used this recipe for pasta primavera that turned out well. I used a bunch of vegetables on hand: cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, squash, carrots, basil and mixed it in with the whole wheat pasta we got that week.



It was even good cold as a side dish the next day. I liked it so much, in fact, that I made it again for Roy's family reunion picnic that weekend. I was able to buy the same pasta at Whole Foods. This is the first time I brought a home-cooked dish to this picnic, usually I get something from the deli at Straub's. I was really happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment