Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cabbage

Week 12, Friday

I have to admit, I've never cooked with cabbage before. We got it from Fair Shares before, in Week 10. I was home for a week in between two out-of-state vacations, and I just never got to it. I don't like wasting food, and I wanted to do something with the new one we got for week 12. For one thing, the new cabbage head was smaller, so it seemed easier to work with.

I bought a cole slaw dressing at the market. I cut up the cabbage, last remaining carrots (from Week 9, they held up well), and half an apple. It turned out well. We had it with hamburgers. I have to admit again, we didn't use all of it this night, and I never went back to use it for the next week or so. There's too many other things to make. We tossed it down the sink. I hope to plan better in the future.

Here are the vegetables and fruit before adding in the sauce. I had some trouble chopping the cabbage thin enough at first, but I curled it up (a chiffonade cut) and that made it more sturdy. It looked like a cole slaw ingredient after that.


After adding the dressing.


With the burger and potatoes. I used pesto with the burger instead of ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment