Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week Eight Catch-Up

I haven't updated this blog in a while, but I've still been cooking and taking pictures. Here's what I got from Fair Shares for Week 8 (starting June 9th) and some dishes I cooked that week.


Troutdale Farm Trout
Ozark Forest Fresh Mushrooms
Lee Farm Yellow Squash
Lee Farm Green Zucchini
Lee Farm Leaf Lettuce
Girod or Dry Dock Green Onions
Blue Heron Radishes
DeMange Strawberries
River Hills Poultry Alliance Eggs
Centennial Preserves

Monster-sized mushroom!


I made a side dish by chopping up the squash and zucchini and cooking it in a little butter using this recipe. The secret ingredient is balsamic vinegar. Roy wasn't sure he liked the vinegar the first time we had it.


He had some leftover squash with the trout for lunch, and thought the vinegar worked really well with the fish.


I made oven-fried chicken for the first time, using a Fair Shares egg to bind the coating to the meat. It turned out pretty good.


I made my usual chicken spaghetti here, but I added a side of grilled squash. We've been getting a lot of squash and zukes lately, and it's hard to keep up.


This doesn't look like a very big meal, but it was enough. I sauteed the mushrooms in butter, grilled the asparagus, and roasted the chicken legs.


My favorite meal of the week was one I didn't cook. I'm a Facebook fan of the Pi Pizza restaurant. On the first day they used their new mobile pizza truck, they announced that they'd be giving away free pizza from it. It was in the Central West End, not too far away. I sent Roy out to get some, with the thought that we could maybe get a slice each for an appetizer. He brought home almost a whole pizza, for free. I love Pi.

No comments:

Post a Comment