Sunday, July 18, 2010

Corn Omelet

Week 13, Wednesday

When I eat out for breakfast, I like getting omelets. My favorite omelet ever was the omelet of the day at Foster's Market in Durham, NC a couple years back. It had lots of good veggies and cheese, but it also had roasted corn in it, which I'd never seen in an omelet before. I wanted to put corn in my dinner omelet. I also added mushrooms, because we just got fresh ones that day from Fair Shares.

I shucked one of the corn cobs and cut it in half. I just ran a paring knife down each side to remove the kernals. That went easier than I thought. I sauteed the corn and mushrooms in butter together, putting the mushrooms in first.



I added some raw tomatoes into the egg mixture just before I cooked it. Roy helped me by grating some of the Methuselah cheese we got last week. I added that into the omelet after it set. I'm amazed to say, I'm getting behind in cheese too.

There was way too much corn, and both omelets fell apart as I tried to flip them over. It still tasted good, but doesn't look great. The baguette slice and butter from Fair Shares were both awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment